12 Glory Laps in 12 Hours

12 Glory Laps in 12 Hours
Last February 20th, I hiked and skied 12 laps on Mt. Glory. 19,638 feet climbed with skis on my back and 19,638 feet skied to raise money for Camp To Belong. It's snowing again and I'm ready for the 2nd edition! Click the logo for more info and ways to support camp!

Camp To Belong - Elk Mountain Grand Traverse

Camp To Belong - Elk Mountain Grand Traverse
We're racing the Elk Mtn Grand Traverse this March, a 40 mile ski race across the roof of Colorado in the middle of the night! Click for updates on our training and fundraising progress!

Peaked Sports

Peaked Sports
Driggs, ID

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas

Snow in Portland?!?! On Christmas?!?! Yup. C'mon, sing with me...
"I'm . . . dreaming . . . of a white . . .


This is a selection of art given to me by my best friend's 5 year old daughter while I was visiting them at their house. She did all of this herself without any suggestions from anyone. The two things I like most are the spelling of the words (the small strip on the far left of this picture above Buddy's tail reads: HO HO HO SANTU KLOS) and that she accurately left one of Buddy's legs off.





This is gauffe(sp?), a traditional french holiday cookie that my family has been making for years.
Gaufrette
Part of Speech: n
Definition: a thin crisp fan-shaped French wafer, often served alongside a dessert.


Ever since I can remember, when Thanksgiving rolls around, our family starts making this stuff and we munch on it through Christmas. Can't say it has much healthy nutritional value, but it sure is delicious!






The epitomy of children at Christmastime: Giving a big hug whilst holding a gun. (In this case, a gun that shoots nerf-like foam tubes with suction cups on the ends. No shooting your eye out !)




The fam

No comments: