12 Glory Laps in 12 Hours

12 Glory Laps in 12 Hours
Last February 20th, I hiked and skied 12 laps on Mt. Glory. 19,638 feet climbed with skis on my back and 19,638 feet skied to raise money for Camp To Belong. It's snowing again and I'm ready for the 2nd edition! Click the logo for more info and ways to support camp!

Camp To Belong - Elk Mountain Grand Traverse

Camp To Belong - Elk Mountain Grand Traverse
We're racing the Elk Mtn Grand Traverse this March, a 40 mile ski race across the roof of Colorado in the middle of the night! Click for updates on our training and fundraising progress!

Peaked Sports

Peaked Sports
Driggs, ID

Thursday, September 20, 2007

The Beginning...


Where I come from... the air is clean and clear... the temperatures swing 135 degrees between seasons... the trails are unmarked and unmapped... and getting lost should be the goal. That way, when it happens, and chances are it will, you'll feel like the outing was a success. Yes, this is where I come from. Not originally, of course, but most recently, this is where I come from.
Lewis Lake, Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming
Like cornbread and chicken at a sunny summer picnic, sometimes things come together just the right way at just the right time. This is what I came up with. In a private, impromptu, and certainly non-legally-binding ceremony held in my living room in front of my laptop, a union was made tonight between the habitually time-hogging, endurance athlete inside me that gets virtually daily attention and the suppressed, ignored, and largely forgotten photographer that has rested quietly in my subconcious mind waiting patiently for the opportunity to jump into action. I guess I finally felt the inclination to begin my first foray into the blogging world and this is hopefully a start to what I intend to be an outlet for that stifled little photographer hiding inside me and a perfect mate to that crazy, endurance athlete. Sooooooooo... Here is the first of what could someday, maybe, just maybe, become a collection of my outdoor adventures, little life experiences, deep heartfelt thoughts, wonderful and reflective memories, and personal intimate inner feelings. Well, maybe I'll just stick with that first one. And maybe the last.

The photo I've posted here was taken much by happenstance as I just happened to be driving south through Yellowstone National Park one July evening and had to stop at a pullout along the road to take in this spectacular sight of the sunset over Lewis Lake. This is one of my favorite places to be during sunset as there are typically cloud remnants left over from the thunderstorms earlier in the afternoon which play with the rays of sun shining from low on the horizon. It's also a calm lake (good for reflections) and it has a number of interesting features along the shoreline such as the rocks you see in the water here.
I hope to soon be posting more photos from near my home area (currently Victor, Idaho) as well as places I have traveled, but for now, at least I can say I have started. More soon! Oh yes... much more... very soon...

No comments: