12 Glory Laps in 12 Hours

12 Glory Laps in 12 Hours
Last February 20th, I hiked and skied 12 laps on Mt. Glory. 19,638 feet climbed with skis on my back and 19,638 feet skied to raise money for Camp To Belong. It's snowing again and I'm ready for the 2nd edition! Click the logo for more info and ways to support camp!

Camp To Belong - Elk Mountain Grand Traverse

Camp To Belong - Elk Mountain Grand Traverse
We're racing the Elk Mtn Grand Traverse this March, a 40 mile ski race across the roof of Colorado in the middle of the night! Click for updates on our training and fundraising progress!

Peaked Sports

Peaked Sports
Driggs, ID

Thursday, April 17, 2008

More Bunny Sightings Emerge

In this weeks issue of the Jackson Hole News & Guide:


I guess that's what I get for my unabashed antics as a giant rabbit.

After spending the day bunnying it up on the last day of the season at Jackson Hole with Captain Ron (see video), we finally were forced down off the high slopes of the mountain after catching the sixth-to-last chair on the Sublette lift. The last run was fairly uneventful, but the anticipation began to build as we blindly skidded our bunnyselves down towards the ever-growing, always entertaining, snowball throwing, extremely loud, wild, and crazy gathering of end-of-season celebrators out on the expanse of snow in front of what is to be the new tram building. A group had built up this kicker for anyone to take as they came down into the base area party. I don't think anyone expected a giant rabbit to launch it. I even landed cleanly. How? I don't know considering I could barely see out the thing.

That was fun, but after the party out on the snow began to wane, it was even better to walk into the Four Seasons lounge with some friends wearing the bunny suit. I can definitely say it was a first for me; In the Four Seasons, eating ahi tuna and gnocchi, dressed as a bunny. Yep. And being the ever-accomodating hosts that Four Seasons employees are so well known for, they let our group go about our business just as if there not a giant varmint seated at the table. Sweet.

2 comments:

Backofpack said...

That's just funny. I can only imagine dinner...

Anonymous said...

On your way to fame and fortune...as a giant bunny!

Thanks for the birthday card...when you said Happy Birthday on the phone to me I wondered how you knew when my birthday was. I found out the next day when I was bombarded with silly string and men wearing coconut bras and grass skirts.