12 Glory Laps in 12 Hours

12 Glory Laps in 12 Hours
Last February 20th, I hiked and skied 12 laps on Mt. Glory. 19,638 feet climbed with skis on my back and 19,638 feet skied to raise money for Camp To Belong. It's snowing again and I'm ready for the 2nd edition! Click the logo for more info and ways to support camp!

Camp To Belong - Elk Mountain Grand Traverse

Camp To Belong - Elk Mountain Grand Traverse
We're racing the Elk Mtn Grand Traverse this March, a 40 mile ski race across the roof of Colorado in the middle of the night! Click for updates on our training and fundraising progress!

Peaked Sports

Peaked Sports
Driggs, ID

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Big Horn (Revisited) - Photos!

Mr. "I'm going to run 100 miles in 22 and a half hours" Mike and his pacer, Melissa.



Star Spangled Banner at the start


I couldn't believe how fast people were going at the start. This was about mile 3, at the bottom of a 5-mile, multi-thousand foot climb up into the Big Horns.


Mile 6


My only self-portrait. Near the top of Riley Point at 8,000 ft. Mile 24ish.

Preparing to descend to Dry Fork Aid Station. Mile 26.

Looking back at Riley Point from mile 37. We had just been up there at mile 25 and would be climbing up there again at about mile 77.

The fun woodsy section at mile 40. Sunshine and rain!

Sparkling raindrops. Brilliant.

Mile 44. Preparing to descend into the Tongue River Canyon and the Footbridge Aid Station at mile 46.



Mile 82 at 9:00am. That was a long night and this was my last photo. I wanted to be done and I had 17 miles to go. It would take me another six and a half hours on my achy swollen feet. Next time, I'm wearing roomier shoes.

No comments: