12 Glory Laps in 12 Hours

12 Glory Laps in 12 Hours
Last February 20th, I hiked and skied 12 laps on Mt. Glory. 19,638 feet climbed with skis on my back and 19,638 feet skied to raise money for Camp To Belong. It's snowing again and I'm ready for the 2nd edition! Click the logo for more info and ways to support camp!

Camp To Belong - Elk Mountain Grand Traverse

Camp To Belong - Elk Mountain Grand Traverse
We're racing the Elk Mtn Grand Traverse this March, a 40 mile ski race across the roof of Colorado in the middle of the night! Click for updates on our training and fundraising progress!

Peaked Sports

Peaked Sports
Driggs, ID

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Portland Report #2


After the run with Trevor on Sunday, I drove south to Oregon City to meet my parent's at my sister's house so we could all go together to Corvallis to see her stepdaughter sing with the OSU Chamber Choir. On Monday, I bummed around Portland and visited my Buddy Joe and his family that evening and had a couple other friends, Ben and Kay, stop by as well so it was great having everyone together finally! Good to catch up. I miss you all!

On Tuesday, I was back in the Gorge for another long run. This time, starting at Herman Creek TH and running upcanyon
to Casey Creek Trail,



up to Nick Eaton Ridge,



then up to Mt. Defiance,

over to Gorton Creek Trail,


and back down to Herman Creek stopping only to adjust clothing, take photos, and have some mystery stew with the old mountain hermit that lives in this cabin in the woods. (Felt kinda funny afterwards... I wonder what was in the stew...?)



I didn't get to do the "long option" on this route because the "short option" had already taken longer than I thought (another 6 1/2 hour run), but I was totally satisfied with it. Felt great the entire time. I love the extra boost of horsepower at sea level!

2 comments:

Trevor said...

Thanks for the great write-up and photos/video. T

pg slot said...

pg สล็อต เว็บตรง ขั้นต่ำ 1 บาท แตกง่าย ผู้เล่นสามารถเพลิดเพลินไปกับเกมสล็อต PG ได้อย่างมั่นใจและอุ่นใจที่ได้เข้าร่วมการเดิมพันในเว็บไซต์เชิญชวนนี้ได้เสมอ