12 Glory Laps in 12 Hours

12 Glory Laps in 12 Hours
Last February 20th, I hiked and skied 12 laps on Mt. Glory. 19,638 feet climbed with skis on my back and 19,638 feet skied to raise money for Camp To Belong. It's snowing again and I'm ready for the 2nd edition! Click the logo for more info and ways to support camp!

Camp To Belong - Elk Mountain Grand Traverse

Camp To Belong - Elk Mountain Grand Traverse
We're racing the Elk Mtn Grand Traverse this March, a 40 mile ski race across the roof of Colorado in the middle of the night! Click for updates on our training and fundraising progress!

Peaked Sports

Peaked Sports
Driggs, ID

Friday, January 18, 2008

Off to the Foggy Mountain!



In a repeat of last year, I'm off to Portland again for an extended weekend to run the Mega Fat Ass 34 miler in Capitol Forest, WA. I have not been training AT ALL for a competitive run of this length, but hey, I did it a year ago and I should still have some residual fitness left over from last summer. I think. I hope. Maybe? I dunno, but I'm really looking forward to getting back to the Pacific NW, seeing friends and fam, and running on dirt!

Last year, the summit of Capitol Peak was shrouded in an icy fog (hence the title of this entry and the respective video clip) with jagged ice shards being blown off the radio tower at the top as we ran around it on both laps of the course. I don't mind the fog. Or the ice. I run on ice all the time. I've been running on ice for months now. But the fog, the ice, AND the gale winds? I just don't want anyone to be harpooned by a icy dagger while running around that radio tower. Or any other time, for that matter... But I think the odds of it happening while tiptoeing around that tower are greater. Maybe it will be raining! = )

No comments: