12 Glory Laps in 12 Hours

12 Glory Laps in 12 Hours
Last February 20th, I hiked and skied 12 laps on Mt. Glory. 19,638 feet climbed with skis on my back and 19,638 feet skied to raise money for Camp To Belong. It's snowing again and I'm ready for the 2nd edition! Click the logo for more info and ways to support camp!

Camp To Belong - Elk Mountain Grand Traverse

Camp To Belong - Elk Mountain Grand Traverse
We're racing the Elk Mtn Grand Traverse this March, a 40 mile ski race across the roof of Colorado in the middle of the night! Click for updates on our training and fundraising progress!

Peaked Sports

Peaked Sports
Driggs, ID

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving



It's turkey time! (sorry turkey). Hope everyone is having an absolutely super Thanksgiving weekend. My Thanksgiving weekend is just getting started. After a brief 40 minute jog this morning, I'm now getting ready to head down to Montpelier, Idaho with SuperJen to spend Thanksgiving day there with her family. Then, after dinner, we're driving to Pocatello to pick up MikeE and head south to Salt Lake City for the night. Friday morning, at dawn, we'll load up and continue south to our destination: South Rim of the Grand Canyon. On Saturday, MikeE and I will begin our Rim-to-Rim-to-Rim route: Start at our campsite in Mather Campground, then jog a few miles east to the South Kaibab Trailhead, down South Kaibab trail, cross the Colorado River, up to the North Rim, back to the Colorado River, across and up the Bright Angle Trail back to the South Rim and back to the car at the campground. Total mileage should be right around 50 miles.
I feel more prepared this year. I've kept up some deceent training this fall spending alot of time on the bike and also doing some periodic long trail runs. Last Sunday, MikeE and I had planned on doing the Boundary Trail, a 35 mile loop just south of Pocatello, until he got called into work for an emergency disaster and left me to do the loop solo. It ended up taking me 8 hours and the final 10 miles were BRUTAL!!! A series of 5 or 6 ravines 500 feet deep that the trail goes down into and crawls back out of. Trail surface was rutted and littered with fist sized rocks everywhere. Ugh!
But it was a great training run prior to this weekend's run in the G.C. My hope is that this will prevent my calves from wanting to pop off my legs and debilitate me for days afterward. We shall see.
Gobble! Gobble!

No comments: