12 Glory Laps in 12 Hours

12 Glory Laps in 12 Hours
Last February 20th, I hiked and skied 12 laps on Mt. Glory. 19,638 feet climbed with skis on my back and 19,638 feet skied to raise money for Camp To Belong. It's snowing again and I'm ready for the 2nd edition! Click the logo for more info and ways to support camp!

Camp To Belong - Elk Mountain Grand Traverse

Camp To Belong - Elk Mountain Grand Traverse
We're racing the Elk Mtn Grand Traverse this March, a 40 mile ski race across the roof of Colorado in the middle of the night! Click for updates on our training and fundraising progress!

Peaked Sports

Peaked Sports
Driggs, ID

Monday, September 13, 2010

Good Luck?

I'm not superstitious. At all. Don't believe there is such a thing as luck. So I'm not sure if getting zapped by a wasp two days ago means anything except that me and an angry, scared and/or hungry wasp happened to be buzzing along Teton Canyon Road together about 10 minutes out from my car on Saturday afternoon. It felt like a bee sting at first. Right above where my water bottle rests just above the small of the right side of my back. I immediately swatted at the thing, but didn't feel any sort of insect body, so, if it was in fact a bee, I figured it must have buzzed off. It wasn't until I got home that night and pulled my bottle out of the waist holster that I finally saw what had attacked me. There it was lying in the bottom of my bottle hoster...





Death to you, you wascally wittle wasp!

Dear Wasp,


I still have your carcass lying on my countertop so that I may walk by it everyday and know who got the last word. I may have a quarter-sized welt on my back, but I am alive. And you are not.




I could think that having this wasp encounter the weekend before a 100 miler means that I've gotten it out of the way and I won't have this kind of issue during the race. But then again, I don't really believe that's how things work. So whatever happens out there happens and I'm just planning on being able to work through it and get to the finish line sometime in the predawn hours before 6am on Sunday.

No comments: