12 Glory Laps in 12 Hours

12 Glory Laps in 12 Hours
Last February 20th, I hiked and skied 12 laps on Mt. Glory. 19,638 feet climbed with skis on my back and 19,638 feet skied to raise money for Camp To Belong. It's snowing again and I'm ready for the 2nd edition! Click the logo for more info and ways to support camp!

Camp To Belong - Elk Mountain Grand Traverse

Camp To Belong - Elk Mountain Grand Traverse
We're racing the Elk Mtn Grand Traverse this March, a 40 mile ski race across the roof of Colorado in the middle of the night! Click for updates on our training and fundraising progress!

Peaked Sports

Peaked Sports
Driggs, ID

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Pre-season update

I'm calling today the official end of my "off-season". I've got next weekend's 55k in Moab to look forward to and after that, the real fun begins with events lined up pretty much every month til October. Sooooo...

Since my last post on Jan 21st, I've been doing 3 hr runs on each Saturday since then and following it up with an easy 1-2 hrs on Sunday. Then during the week, mostly light runs along the flat roads here in the valley with the occasional redline climb up to Mud Lake. This past week, I put in what I guess many "training regimented" athletes would call a peak week in preparation for a pre-race taper. 6 out of 7 days running (Sunday-Saturday) for a total of about 60 miles. That's a big week for me. I don't remember the last time I ran 6 out of 7 days in the week. Probably some time in 2007 while I was running myself into the ground in my attempt to get fitter. I've learned that I'm actually fitter when I run big on the weekends and recover (by not running at all on many days) during the week. And this is also good because it allows me time to have a life outside of running. It's a great balance.

And speaking of balance, I think I may have found the pack I'm going to use for this summer's 4-day run along the length of the John Muir Trail in August: http://www.aarnpacks.com/products/marathon_magic.html

Getting one could be a bit tricky though seeing as they are virtually non-existent in the U.S. If anyone knows of a good lead on how to get one, please be so kind and forward to me!

Next post, recap of the Valentine's Day Moab Red Hot 55k.

Game on, Cupid!

No comments: