12 Glory Laps in 12 Hours

12 Glory Laps in 12 Hours
Last February 20th, I hiked and skied 12 laps on Mt. Glory. 19,638 feet climbed with skis on my back and 19,638 feet skied to raise money for Camp To Belong. It's snowing again and I'm ready for the 2nd edition! Click the logo for more info and ways to support camp!

Camp To Belong - Elk Mountain Grand Traverse

Camp To Belong - Elk Mountain Grand Traverse
We're racing the Elk Mtn Grand Traverse this March, a 40 mile ski race across the roof of Colorado in the middle of the night! Click for updates on our training and fundraising progress!

Peaked Sports

Peaked Sports
Driggs, ID

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mud Lake Redundency. Redundency. Redundency. Redundency.

So I ran up to Mud Lake again tonight after work. Again. For the 100th time this year. Ran around the neighborhood block first on my way there. Again. Turned around at the "lake" like I usually do. Again. Then I ran home. Against me this colder than normal spring is! It just has not warmed up here yet! At all! I think we've had like 1 day so far over 60 degrees and barely at that so here we are, mid-May, and every trail off the valley floor still contains large quantities of snow. I've yet to set foot on a snow-less trail so far this year. Nothing has melted off. Except for Mud Lake (which really is more of a really steep road than a trail) and possibly the Aspen Trail (but it doesn't have too much to offer in the form of elevation gain). So here I sit all broken-hearted. And you know the rest. But really, it's not that big a deal. I go other places for a run. And this summer, at least we won't be in such a water shortage and high fire-danger. And the wildflowers should be spectacular! How about that summer...

No comments: