12 Glory Laps in 12 Hours

12 Glory Laps in 12 Hours
Last February 20th, I hiked and skied 12 laps on Mt. Glory. 19,638 feet climbed with skis on my back and 19,638 feet skied to raise money for Camp To Belong. It's snowing again and I'm ready for the 2nd edition! Click the logo for more info and ways to support camp!

Camp To Belong - Elk Mountain Grand Traverse

Camp To Belong - Elk Mountain Grand Traverse
We're racing the Elk Mtn Grand Traverse this March, a 40 mile ski race across the roof of Colorado in the middle of the night! Click for updates on our training and fundraising progress!

Peaked Sports

Peaked Sports
Driggs, ID

Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Wet Wet Wet Spring in the Tetons

While I'm here, I might as well continue this recap into June, which, for the record, has got to set a Teton Valley rainfall record for the month by month's end. I don't know how this couldn't be the wettest June of all time. Below is a picture I took of Game Creek just outside of Victor whilst out on an evening run early in the month. It had been raining for days and days and days and this swollen creek would've quickly sent me downstream had I attempted a crossing. I turned back at this point after 3 miles.



On Tuesday, June 8th, Mike Ehredt arrived in Driggs on his cross-country Project America Run. I caught up with him the following Saturday and ran with him in two different sections (the first 10 miles out before I ran back to the car and the last 9 miles after I drove to his finishing location for the day and ran back to meet him and ran with him back to my car.



Five minutes after we began, we got stopped by a cattle drive.

And then it was the long climb up Togwotee Pass.


Planting a flag every mile to honor each of the fallen soldiers in Iraq since the war began.



On top of Togwotee Pass on the Continental Divide at 9,500 ft.




His hosts for the night were the absolutely wonderful people at Triangle C Ranch who were also so generous to allow me to stay the night as well. (Mike had it in mind that this day was to be 26 miles long, but it ended up being 34 so he got done a tad later than he had anticipated and seeing as we had both been out in some nasty weather for quite some time, we were both keen on getting showered, warmed up, and fed. And I just can't say enough about the great crew of people living and working there for the summer. If anyone's interested in a real-life dude ranch vacation, come here cause I don't think you'd find a better experience anywhere else.


The next morning, we all set off with Mike for his first few miles of the day. There's alot going on in this group here so I'm sure we got more than just a few quizzical stares.

Which brings me to the first day of Summer and another trip to Jackson to run my favorite Snow King/Game Creek/Cache Creek route. Almost the entire Game Creek stretch is being re-routed and another couple miles of sweet trail added in the process so I'm looking forward to going back when it's finished to help break it in! Thanks to all for the great work on these trails!

I arrived back in Jackson just after sunset on a beautiful first summer night.

No comments: