12 Glory Laps in 12 Hours

12 Glory Laps in 12 Hours
Last February 20th, I hiked and skied 12 laps on Mt. Glory. 19,638 feet climbed with skis on my back and 19,638 feet skied to raise money for Camp To Belong. It's snowing again and I'm ready for the 2nd edition! Click the logo for more info and ways to support camp!

Camp To Belong - Elk Mountain Grand Traverse

Camp To Belong - Elk Mountain Grand Traverse
We're racing the Elk Mtn Grand Traverse this March, a 40 mile ski race across the roof of Colorado in the middle of the night! Click for updates on our training and fundraising progress!

Peaked Sports

Peaked Sports
Driggs, ID

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Middle and South Teton Ascents

I've had a great weekend. Teton Crest Trail on Saturday. Ascents up both the Middle and South Teton today. Can't say that I've ever had such an ambitious and successful two days playing in the mountains!


The goal: Climb the Middle Teton (12,804ft peak on the right) then cross over to the South Teton (12,514ft peak obscured behind Nez Perce on the left).




More curious marmots. These hardy rodents continue to amaze me with their curious antics and their ability to survive in one of the harshest possible environments.



A close-up of the summit of the Grand (13,770ft) from the summit of the middle. We could actually hear people talking up there!


On the summit of the Middle.



MikeE clambering up the NW ridge of the South underneath a pile of jumbled angular chaos.




The Wind River Range off in the distance. Mixed amongst those far off peaks lurks the Grand Teton's biggest source of spite: Gannett Peak, taller than the Grand by a mere 39ft laying claim to Wyoming's highest point while also being far less known and even less traveled. Someday, I will stand on top.


Aptly named Icefloe Lake, probably my favorite alpine lake simply because of it's many unique features and surrounding beauty.


The Grand and the Middle (in the foreground of the Grand) from the summit of the South.


Looking east from the South's summit over an impressive ridgeline that includes Ice Cream Cone, Cloudveil Dome, and Nez Perce.


A new view for me. Having never stood on top of the South Teton before, I found the view to the south to be thoroughly enjoyable. Like it could be anything less?


Any idea what this is? Does it just look gross? Or is it actually really disgusting? You be the judge.

1 comment:

Trevor said...

Ambitious weekend indeed...I'm jealous! Nice write up. I think you should do Pine2Palm (I'm answering your blog question :) ).