12 Glory Laps in 12 Hours

12 Glory Laps in 12 Hours
Last February 20th, I hiked and skied 12 laps on Mt. Glory. 19,638 feet climbed with skis on my back and 19,638 feet skied to raise money for Camp To Belong. It's snowing again and I'm ready for the 2nd edition! Click the logo for more info and ways to support camp!

Camp To Belong - Elk Mountain Grand Traverse

Camp To Belong - Elk Mountain Grand Traverse
We're racing the Elk Mtn Grand Traverse this March, a 40 mile ski race across the roof of Colorado in the middle of the night! Click for updates on our training and fundraising progress!

Peaked Sports

Peaked Sports
Driggs, ID

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

30

It was without too much hoopla and fanfare that I turned 30 last Friday. So long wandering 20s. Welcome stable directional 30s. It wasn't so much the particular day that had me excited, it was more of a symbolic thing of what's to come in the following days, weeks, months, years as I begin my fourth decade here on Earth. Life certainly is an adventure. A journey with surprises and ups and downs along the way that sometimes are expected and sometimes not. Some of the goals that I had ten years ago have been met, others have been forgotten and replaced, a few have been attempted with varying degrees of success, and some I am still working on. I know there are more accomplishments and acheivements on the way that I don't know of at this time, but that's ok. I'll know when the time is right. In the meantime, I will enjoy this place where I am at beginning with this delightful homemade birthday carrot cake made for me by a dear friend. After a slice of cake and some ice cream last Thursday, we shared a light late evening jog/hike up to beautiful Mud Lake perched up on the hillside above Victor, ID. The last remaining hours left in my 20s. Then on Friday, my actual birthday, I drove to Boise, ID after work to run the Shafer Butte 50 miler on Saturday, my last major training run in my preparation for the Big Horn 100 on June 20th.









1 comment:

Backofpack said...

Happy Birthday, young'un!

Things can happen in your 30s...I started running, became a vegetarian, became a Mommy for the second time, began homeschooling, started wearing birkenstocks, yep, stuff can happen!