12 Glory Laps in 12 Hours

12 Glory Laps in 12 Hours
Last February 20th, I hiked and skied 12 laps on Mt. Glory. 19,638 feet climbed with skis on my back and 19,638 feet skied to raise money for Camp To Belong. It's snowing again and I'm ready for the 2nd edition! Click the logo for more info and ways to support camp!

Camp To Belong - Elk Mountain Grand Traverse

Camp To Belong - Elk Mountain Grand Traverse
We're racing the Elk Mtn Grand Traverse this March, a 40 mile ski race across the roof of Colorado in the middle of the night! Click for updates on our training and fundraising progress!

Peaked Sports

Peaked Sports
Driggs, ID

Monday, June 16, 2008

Ready for 100 miles, I am









So this is quickly becoming real and I don't think I could be more ready. 100 miles. There's alot of unknown out there in those Big Horn Mountains and I will find out soon enough (beginning Friday at 11am) how it will all turn out. Today was a rest day. I came home from work and napped. There's time for a little "leg work", one last session in an effort to help relieve my tender delicate knees. They feel good now, but I'm sitting on the couch. Ask them how they feel after 50 miles and I'm sure they'll tell you. Then ask them after 100. ; ) Tomorrow is another easy jog day after work and then a bar-b-q with some marinated flank steak. (I wonder if I could save some to put in my drop bags for the race. Hmmmmmm... Running down the trail with a slab of dripping juicy flank steak in hand and a griz hot on my heels. On second thought...) Then Wednesday, our team of three runners (Ehredt, Evans, and I), our one pacer, Melissa (probably will be pacing me), and one of our crew members, Erika, will be getting together for a pre-op briefing (beer and pizza) to hang out and go over a few last things to make sure everybody is prepared gear-wise. Then we blast out of Teton Valley, ID on our 6-7 hour drive to Sheridan, WY where we will be staying Thursday night before the race. Jen, our second crew member will meet us there. And then...







Friday...







at 11am...





Giddyup!

4 comments:

ali said...

Good luck Trevor!!!!! It sounds like you're ready to go physically and more importantly, mentally! Just stick to your game plan and you will do great! Oh, and don't forget to have fun =)

Backofpack said...

Good luck! Good luck! Good luck!

Can't wait to hear the tale...

Trevor Garner said...

Thanks Ali! While I'm relaxing afterwards and recuperating, you'll just be gearing up for your adventure... Your team will be a force out there! Goooooooooo Primal Quest! = )

Thanks Michelle! I'll tell you all about it next week! Hope your weekend adventures go well too!

Rosie said...

Anyone ever tell you your a little touched? I know that in your world this is like kinda normal. But in mine people are just trying to make it across the loop in record time.

Good luck! Be safe, I look forward to reading the play by play..... :)