12 Glory Laps in 12 Hours

12 Glory Laps in 12 Hours
Last February 20th, I hiked and skied 12 laps on Mt. Glory. 19,638 feet climbed with skis on my back and 19,638 feet skied to raise money for Camp To Belong. It's snowing again and I'm ready for the 2nd edition! Click the logo for more info and ways to support camp!

Camp To Belong - Elk Mountain Grand Traverse

Camp To Belong - Elk Mountain Grand Traverse
We're racing the Elk Mtn Grand Traverse this March, a 40 mile ski race across the roof of Colorado in the middle of the night! Click for updates on our training and fundraising progress!

Peaked Sports

Peaked Sports
Driggs, ID

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

12 Months of Table Mountain

The project began three days after Thanksgiving on the last Sunday in November, 2009. I continued to reach the summit at least once in each of the next 11 months.

I started the hike from the summer trailhead in three of the months, November, December, and October. The rest of the months, I began at the winter trailhead and ran the four miles upcanyon to the summer TH and the base of the climb.

I used the Face Route to ascend in all 12 months and used various routes down.

I used snowshoes in eight of the months from November through June. The other four were snow-free.

Here are the photos from the top from each month:


NOVEMBER - The best sunset









































DECEMBER - The coldest (it was -13 when I began and I'm pretty sure it just got colder from there)






































JANUARY - The most powder! And also the slowest.





































FEBRUARY - The worst summit photo

















MARCH - Most bluebird





































APRIL - First time in shorts














MAY - The windiest











JUNE - Best use of all four seasons













JULY - Best hailstorm
































AUGUST - The warmest
















SEPTEMBER - The slushiest, sloppiest, slipperiest. And most crowded.




































OCTOBER - The most unique colors (grey and yellow) and the best company (Jon and MikeE)





































3 comments:

Katharine Larissa Ame Schneider said...

Awesome Trevor! You could put a guide book together. :) But ... if you say that August is the best time to go ... it might eventually become the busiest!

Mike said...

I didn't realize you were using the face for your ascent. I assumed you were using the North Teton Creek route.

Congrats on your 12th month. I'm planning my own snowshoe ascent sometime this winter. Maybe I'll see you up there.

Trevor Garner said...

Yeah, Ame, I'm content with what I've put on the blog. Don't have the interest in putting a book together. Table is pretty popular as it is. Especially on the weekends in August. ; )

And yes Mike, I have not ascended Table any other way than the direct route. The steepness is what thrills me. A winter ascent is such a larger undertaking than in the summer that's for sure! I will look for you up there!